This year we’re doing Thanksgiving dinner at our friend’s house. We did the same last year and it was a huge success. Everyone got together and brought a particular dish. Everything was absolutely delicious and we were all able to enjoy the amazing company. I’m sure we’ll have the same experience this year too.
This year we offered to make these yummy and simple Brown Butter Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots and a refreshing Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad.
Brown Butter Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots
Serves 4-6 people
– 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
– 1 pound of baby carrots
– 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt
– 3 dashes of ground black pepper
– 1/2 tablespoon of honey
– 1 A teaspoon of chopped thyme or parsley
– Preheat oven to 425 F
– Heat up an oven-safe skillet and cook butter on medium heat until it begins to turn golden brown. Add garlic and quickly sauté before adding carrots. Stir a couple of times and then add the salt, pepper, honey, and thyme or parsley.
– Transfer to oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until carrots become tender.
Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
Serves 4-6 people
– 6 cups of salad. I like to use a combination of arugula and baby spinach. However, any spring mix works well too.
– 1 red apple
– 1 green apple
– 1 cup of roughly chopped walnuts
– 1/3 cup of crumbled feta cheese
– 1/3 cup of dried cranberries
– 1 cup of apple juice
– 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of honey
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1/4 cup of olive oil
I seriously can’t wait to indulge in all the Thanksgiving flavors. I’ll definitely gain 3 lbs. or more. LOL! What’s your favorite go-to dish/dishes for Thanksgiving dinner? I’d love to know. Comment below!